Massage Therapy Fun Facts
Massage therapy allows you to use your hands to heal by manipulating soft-tissue muscles of the body. This type of therapy is used to reduce injuries, prevent illness, rehabilitate injuries, ease stress, and promote general health. Want some interesting fun facts regarding massage therapy and the muscles of the human body? Read below.
- The human body has over 640 muscles
- The muscles in your body make up about half your body weight
- Your jaw muscles can generate a force of 200 lbs. on your molars
- Your buttocks has about 200 muscles
- It has been said that Bob Hope, who lived to be 100, believed in therapeutic massage and had a massage each day as part of his daily health regimen
When you enroll in a massage therapy program, you can learn more about skeletal muscles in your anatomy class. You will also study physiology and a variety of massage techniques. Get more information about programs at schools near you by visiting http://www.healthcareers.net/.