The Job of an Anesthesia Technologist
The anesthesia technologist or technician is a trained member of the anesthesia care team. The anesthesia tech has extensive knowledge of all anesthesia equipment, instruments, supplies and techniques. Under direct supervision, it is the job of the anesthesia tech to assist the anesthesiologist, anesthesiologist assistant and nurse anesthetist in and out of the operating room.
The possible job duties of an anesthesia tech can include but are not limited to the following:
- Ordering anesthesia supplies and equipment
- Organizing anesthesiology supply rooms
- Place and set up anesthesia equipment in the operating room
- Monitoring patient vital signs during surgery
- Waking the patient after surgery
Such skills can be acquired through a qualified anesthesia tech program at a school near you. Find out more information at HealthCareers.net today.