What You May Learn in Respiratory Therapy Classes
Respiratory therapists work with patients that have either acute (sudden onset, short course) or chronic (frequent occurrence, long duration) respiratory problems.
Wonder what you may learn in respiratory therapy classes? Here are some topics you could study:
- Cardiopulmonary Anatomy – study of heart and lung structure
- Airway Management – the highest priority of clinical that involves getting proper oxygen to a patient’s lungs.
- Critical Care Practices – learning the signs and management of life-threatening respiratory conditions.
- EKGs – an area that deals with the (1) electrocardiograph, an instrument that records the electrical activities of the heart, and the (2) electrocardiogram – the name of the actual test or the upward and downward tracings that is made by the electrocardiograph.
- Medical Pharmacology – about pharmaceutical drugs, their origin, their composition, and their therapeutic use.
Want to learn more about this interesting career that helps patients breathe easier? Visit HealthCareers.net to find a respiratory therapy school near you so you can request more information today.